Software Developer (SH0217b)
- United Kingdom -- England -- South East England -- Buckinghamshire -- High Wycombe
01 March 2017
We're looking for an outstanding software developer to join our software team. You'll work with us to specify, design and build new products. You'll evaluate new technologies, adopt and refine new working practices; and most importantly write clear, high performance, well documented and maintainable code, which will form the backbone of new product ranges.
You'll also contribute to the maintenance of current products, which may include working with technologies such as real-time software, desktop applications, iOS apps, and DSP algorithms.
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- A seasoned software developer, with experience of a variety of platforms, tools and languages, including but not limited to, C / C++ (essential), Qt, Objective-C++, C#, macOS, Windows, iOS, Unix, and Cocoa
- Experienced in delivering consumer “shrink wrapped” software
- Familiar with what it takes to develop a good software UI
- Familiar with networking protocols, Unix sockets, and associated development tools (e.g. Wireshark)
- A computer science graduate or related education
- Passionate about programming, application software, music and audio
- An excellent designer, debugger and problem solver
- A clear communicator
- Pragmatic, curious and flexible
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.