Focusrite Novation Inc is looking for a candidate that is ambitious, eager to learn, and with an enthusiasm for solving complex problems for an entry level accounting and office admin. The role is a springboard for someone looking to begin a career in accounting and financial analysis for a fast paced and entrepreneurial music company. The right candidate will grow quickly with tasks and responsibilities to assist the overall company growth.
- Receive and process approximately 200 invoice payments for company via agency company accounting software
- Review incoming invoices and accompanying documentation for accuracy and proper authorization/approval. Ensure accuracy of account and department coding for invoices
- Ensure data entry into accounting software is complete, accurate and timely.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures related to the internal control process over the accounts payable function.
- Perform detailed accounts reconciliations and analyses, prepare journal entries
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Review employee expense reports
- Reconcile company’s credit cards and post transactions to general ledger
- Facilitate fixed assets
- Assist in external financials, tax and tax returns
- Assist Controller with month end close
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Cooperate with Parent company’s accounting department when needed.
- Assist with a variety of general office support either as a regularly scheduled and assigned activity or on a project basis
- Communicate internally and with external vendors regarding office services
- Receive and process incoming mail and packages
- Assist Management with special projects and events as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience/understanding in managing recurring accounts payable, and account/funding balances
- Experience in dealing with external customers and resolving routine and non-routine customer billing issues
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities at any given time.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; particularly Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Sense of humor greatly preferred!
- Willing to wear multiple hats and pitch in where needed to get the job done
- Must be a fast learner with an eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Protect and safeguard sensitive information
Benefits: Full health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3 weeks paid vacation