We are looking for a motivated Test Automation Engineer to help us ensure that our products meet the high standards of Quality, Ease of Use, and Reliability that our customers expect.
Working within the Engineering Department as part of the Quality Assurance (QA) Team, you will be responsible for driving improvements to automated testing across our Focusrite and Novation product ranges.
You will work with QA Engineers and Developers across multiple project teams. You will write clear, well documented, and maintainable code to facilitate more efficient functional and non-functional testing. You will also take responsibility for maintaining and augmenting existing scripts and test tools.
A key facet of the role will be to support the existing team in continuing to develop their automation capabilities, sharing knowledge and best practice to ensure that automated testing remains the goal of the whole team.
As a member of the QA Team, you will also contribute to the planning and execution of testing on new products under development, as well as helping to maintain our existing products, and supporting our current customer base.
This is a new role, and therefore provides an opportunity for the right candidate to play a significant part in defining the future direction of this key business activity.
An ideal candidate is likely to be:
- From a software development background, with some experience of a variety of platforms, tools and languages:
- macOS & Windows
- Windows Hardware Certification/Lab Kit (HCK/HLK)
- Robot Framework
- Max MSP/PureData
- Aware of test automation techniques and their use in Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), with knowledge of different test automation frameworks (Qt Test, Google Test, etc)
- Comfortable working with source code control systems (e.g. SVN, Mercurial/Kiln)
- A computer science graduate or similar education
- Scientifically minded, strong at problem solving, analysis, and debugging
- Able to independently learn new technologies and features
- Able to see the big picture, but with an eye for detail
- A clear communicator, with an interest in coaching/developing others
- Passionate and knowledgeable about programming, audio, and music making
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.