Asia Pacific Sales Manager (RN0917)
- Japan -- Tokyo
07 September 2017
Location: Asia, preferably Tokyo, Beijing or Hong Kong
Focusrite is growing and we are actively seeking a talented and experienced sales manager for our newly created Focusrite Pro division, responsible for growing sales of our award-winning Red/RedNet audio over IP and ISA product lines in the Asia Pacific region. The ideal candidate will have an engaging personality and an enthusiasm for new technology and winning new business in the professional audio market, experience managing distributors and a history of delivering exceptional sales results.
This position reports to the VP Global Sales for Focusrite Pro.
- Managing the distribution channel for Focusrite Pro products throughout Asia. Assisting resellers to win sales opportunities, presenting workflow solutions and sales proposals to customers and ultimately working with distributors to close sales and meet assigned sales targets.
- Manage distributor forecasts, orders, supply chain, and their monthly, quarterly and yearly sales performance.
- Good organizational skills, able to maintain clear detailed prospect and customer records. Able to build an accurate sales forecast and build a healthy pipeline to support it.
- Hunter/gatherer, skilled at uncovering and developing new opportunities and persistent in connecting with end users and decision-makers.
- Able to present effective product sales strategies and workflow solutions to Red/RedNet/ISA dealers, system integrators, and consultants and assist them in their responses to RFP’s
- Technically proficient in defining customers product/workflow requirements and able to define solutions and create effective proposals with their supporting business case.
- Attend national and regional trade shows, reseller events, plan local events to professional organizations.
- Travel to key enterprise accounts, resellers, and customers.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- You are driven, directed, focused, and self-motivated. You take ownership of your skills development, career and reputation in the industry.
- You have a proven ability to set clear objects and goals and prioritize your selling time.
- You are fun, hardworking, and a dependable colleague. Winning friends and influencing people comes naturally. You have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and you know how to teach.
- You are resourceful. You use multiple avenues to gain access to key decision makers.
- You have the ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals.
- Calculating discounts, margins, and percentages makes you happy.
- At least 5+ years professional audio sales experience working with distributors and resellers.
- Possess strong technical background in professional audio workflows including recording, mixing, live sound and broadcast production and working knowledge of Pro Tools or other DAWs
- General knowledge of Ethernet and networking technology.
- Functioning knowledge of Mac and Windows OS’s, MS Office and Google suites
- Familiar with using a CRM
- Travel approximately 50% of the time
Nice to Haves:
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco switching, routing and configurations
- Advanced knowledge of Dante AoIP technology
- Contacts in the Post production, live sound, broadcasting and/or educational institutions
This is an exempt, full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience, compensation includes base salary plus commission, Medical, dental, and retirement benefits are available.