Title: Director of Marketing | Commercial and Pro Division
Based: El Segundo | Los Angeles or High Wycombe | United Kingdom
Start date: Full time (Starting October 2017)
Reporting to: VP of Sales | Focusrite Pro
Commercial and Pro is a new division of Focusrite plc catering to audio professionals and their workflow requirements. The Director of Marketing | Commercial and Pro will design and implement campaigns that aim to meet the division’s business goals.
As such, the role requires both an experienced B2B marketing acumen as well as a strong sense of empathy for the professional audio community. With the natural insights that follow, this role will be the driving force behind the execution of all Pro marketing activities, maintaining the brands identities throughout the customer journey. They will ensure consistency in the marketing message, from a product’s inception, all the way through to client adoption and advocacy.
The Director of Marketing | Commercial and Pro represents the brand both internally and externally. Key to the success of this role is clear communication of the Commercial and Pro Marketing strategy, gaining buy-in from all stakeholders throughout the wider company and channel partners, alongside maintaining strong relations with key media partners, associated manufacturers and influential clients.
Working closely with the VP of Sales, Product Manager and Global Marketing Manager, this role will oversee the choice of tactics and the creation of all associated marketing briefs to ensure they are on point and carried out to satisfaction, on time and to budget.
This role includes the coordination of global product launches and attendance at international trade shows and will therefore require a degree of international travel.
- Creation, communication and implementation of the
- Commercial and Pro Marketing Strategy
- Global Commercial and Pro product launches
- Global Commercial and Pro sustaining marketing campaigns
- Commercial and Pro brand building campaigns.
- Maintenance, communication and refinement of the brand identity.
- Approval of all global creative briefs, providing direction for Marketing Services.
- A communication bridge between Product Managers, Sales and Marketing Services
- Management of the division Marketing budget
Abilities and experience required
- 6+ years in pro audio industry
- 5+ years marketing communications experience
- Demonstrable understanding of professional audio workflows
- Strong commercial understanding from a B2B environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational/analytical ability
- Opportunistic and creatively-minded
- Ability to lead a disparate creative team towards a common goal
- Ability to represent the Focusrite Pro brand in public.
- Professional, presentable, pragmatic and articulate
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.