Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility over the Group’s statutory reporting processes and to prepare the monthly consolidated accounts for the Group under IFRS
- Maintain the Group’s consolidation ledgers and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations for that ledger
- Ensure that the Group’s financial statements and annual report is delivered to a high standard with relevant disclosures in a timely manner
- Act as a key contact for external auditors and assist in the co-ordination of the annual and interim audit and ensuring that all auditor queries are satisfactorily addressed.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the single entity financial statements and to ensure that these are filed in advance of the deadline
- Preparation of corporation tax computations for all Group companies
- Liaise with external tax advisers
- Improving controls over financial data, to include reconciliation activities and development of interim solutions
- Assist in budget process
- Act as the Group’s technical accounting expert and assist the Management Accounting team with any queries on accounting treatment in line with IFRS
- Assisting the tax team with iXBRL tagging of the financial statements
- Preparing the Office for National Statistics Reporting on a timely basis and ensuring compliance with all deadlines
- Assist the Group Financial Controller and CFO in all ad hoc projects as necessary
Experience and Skills Required
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent with audit background and strong technical accounting skills
- IFRS experience
- Group consolidation in multi-currencies experience
- Strong analytical and IT skills particularly in excel
- Experience of NetSuite or Adaptive will be useful
- Be a strong, effective communicator, with a proven ability to build relationships
- Ability to communicate with the Board and non-financial individuals alike
- Have a high level of personal motivation and initiative with the ability to work to tight deadlines in a flexible and evolving work environment
- Actively seeks to improve processes making them more effective and efficient
- A high level of attention to detail
We’ll be honest – Focusrite is a pretty great place to work. Incorporating both the Focusrite and Novation brands, we make music easy to make, from bedroom DJs to the greatest show on earth. Everyone who works here has an enormous passion for music: as it says on our website, sound is everything. We take that very seriously – though we have a lot of fun doing it.
As the number one selling audio interface brand worldwide, Focusrite has an illustrious, prestigious, and, let’s face it, cool history. Alongside Novation, the hardware and software that we develop plays an instrumental (see what we did there?) role in shaping the sound of modern music. From amateur to pro, our goal is to help musicians to make their music the very best it can be.
Music has always been an exciting thing to be involved with, and that’s not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means being open to new ideas. Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work.
Benefits include company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, and employee purchase scheme, (Plus, you get free breakfast and lunch in the canteen. No really.). Company hack-days, making things easy days, lunch and learns, external visits, and free use of a local recording studio and rehearsal space – we’re all about innovation, fresh thinking and great, great products.
We work hard. We are professional. We select really, really talented people. And we absolutely love our work. So if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.